Saturday, March 23, 2013

Two Month Anne-iversary

The numbers:  North of 12 pounds (we don't go to the doctor until next week, so mom & dad are guessing), 21 1/2 inches.

Best friends:  Well, I really like being cradle-held and bopped around the room with my binky in my mouth.  Mom and dad keep telling me they have backaches (see my 90th percentile weight, above) and try to avoid doing this for me (whiners).  So I'm pretty much best friends with anyone who will... as long as I don't, in the process, lose sight of my mom or dad.  Now that I can see, I want to make sure they're nearby at all times.

Enemies: 7:00 PM.  I have an internal anger alarm clock that goes off at this time every evening.  Normally, I'm a totally content baby who can tolerate pretty much everything.  Then 7:00 hits and I'm mad at the world for about an hour.  My mom and dad wouldn't mind this so much--they say it wears me out for bedtime--if my big brother didn't use my yelling as a cue to start yelling, too.  Evenings at our house are pretty loud.

Despite the look on his face, Mark asked to be
included in this photo

Favorite place: I'm happiest when mom or dad is snuggling me, but my car seat is pretty great, too.  It's very snuggly and warm, almost like being held.  If mom or dad puts me in there, they might not hear from me for hours. 

Things I like: Eating (of course), being held, stretching out on my back and kicking my legs, having a "conversation" with anyone who will listen.  This involves lots of direct eye contact and cooing, smiling, and gurgling from me.  I also sort-of like peeing on my grandma.  For some reason, she likes to do the stretching out and kicking thing when I have my diaper off.

Things I don't like: Winter (Why won't it go away already?  Doesn't it know I've hardly seen the outdoors?), anyone who drops my binky. 

Major accomplishments:  Smiling (It's great!  It makes everyone else smile, too!), lifting my head all the way up while I'm on my tummy.  I usually sleep for one 4-6 hour stretch each night.  Then I eat and go right back to sleep.

No comments: