Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Three Month Anne-iversary

The numbers:  Haven't been on a scale for a while, but I'm still big and healthy.  I'm wearing my 6 month clothes already.

Best friends: Everyone!  I really like when someone--anyone--makes eye contact with me.  Just having the total attention of a person makes me smile my big, happy smile.  Sometimes I kick my feet and coo at them, too, just to show my appreciation for their few seconds of undivided attention.  I do this many, many times each day.  Even if you look away for a second then bring your eyes back to me, I'll smile and coo again.  I get surprised and happy to see you every time!

Enemies: Drool.  Suddenly I'm a fountain of drool.  Put me in my boucy seat for 10 minutes and I can soak my shirt down to my belly button.  Then I get cold and chappy and start to cry for a new shirt.  Mom and Dad have tried putting a bib on me to catch it, but it really gets in the way when I try to shove my thumb in my mouth.  The bib flaps up into my face and I can't find my thumb and I get so upset.  Don't my mom and dad know that I'm trying to cork up all that drool?

Favorite place: I'm really happy in lots of places now.  I like to be carried when I'm tired, but I also like my bouncy seat, crib, playmat on the floor.  Dad has even started carrying me around in a Baby Bjorn, like a kangaroo baby.  I love it, because I can see so much!  I am always similing my big Somebody-Sees-Me smile.

Things I like: Eating (of course), looking around, munching on my own hands, riding in the car, being outside in my stroller.  I also love this Sleep Sack mom and dad put me in at night.  To adults it might look like a baby straight jacket, but to me it's like sleeping in a big, warm hug.  Fantastic. Even baths are starting to grow on me, now that my brother helps soap me up and rinse me off.  He is such a great helper!

Things I don't like: Winter hats (They always fall down over my eyes!), cradle cap (I even had it in my eyebrows!), and fingernails (They grow so fast--Why are they always scratching me?) And honestly, sometimes I get irritated by noise.  My brother REALLY likes to talk...when I get tired I've been known to cover my ears.

Major accomplishments: Sleeping (9 p.m.-5 a.m. each night and sometimes longer on the weekends).  I can sort-of sit up (I hold my head up but need grown-up hands to steady me).  Also, I'm a Major Gamer.  Mom and Dad have started taking me everywhere my brother goes, and I handle it like a champ.  Noisy children's museum?  No problem.  Park in 50 degree weather?  I'll just sleep in my stroller.  Monkey Joe's?  Happy and cooing.  Especially if anybody looks at me.

No comments: