The stats: I weigh 17.5 lbs, according to the scale at my Great Grandma's house. No official weight yet, since back-to-school physicals have made my 6 month checkup a few weeks behind schedule. But, things are looking up. My grandma's have started saying I look "less chunky." I'm not going to hold my breath.
Best friends: Don't get me wrong, I love my dad, mom, and brother. I light up whenever I see them. But much to my dad's chagrin, I am also fascinated with Jack, the dog. I want to watch his every movement, even if that means arching my back like a crazy girl or wiggling out of my dad's arms to get a better look at him. I also want to grab his fur, maybe even shove some of it into my mouth. He looks so very interesting. And tasty.
Enemies: Hmmm.... none. Well, maybe teething.
Favorite place: Hmmm... everywhere? I'm really pretty happy most of the time.
Things I like: Sitting up! It's awesome! Now I can see everything so much better, and there are so many more toys to play with. I can even sit up in the bathtub now, which means I can splash with wild abandon. It's awesome.
Things I don't like: I'm not too crazy about eating in my high chair. It's not like I cry or protest or anything--no need to be such a bother--I just keep my mounth wide open and let all the food drool out. For a kid who shoves everything into her mouth, mom and dad marvel that I don't much care to put FOOD in there.
Major accomplishments: I sit up, eat lots of different types of mashed-up food, made a 15 hour road trip to South Carolina without really crying in the car at all. I have two teeth (both on bottom). I have also effectively grown out of my baby car seat (I did a seat switch with my brother!), my Bumbo seat (chunky legs get stuck!), Baby Bjorn (we upgraded to a Hefty Baby model that shifts weight to mom's hips), and the baby tub. Mom and dad can't wait to put some of that stuff on eBay!

No comments:
Post a Comment