Monday, November 25, 2013

Ten Month Anne-iversary




The stats: I weigh 21 lbs, 9 oz (that's in the 85th percentile) and am a little more than 24 inches long (30th percentile)... although mom doubts that the nurse who did the measuring got things exactly right.  But, even with a little margin of error, I'm pretty chunky and short.  In fact, I'm even "growing out of" some of my 12 month clothes, not because they're too big but because they're too tight in the tummy.  They ride up and get stuck under my armpits.

Favorite place:  Anywhere I'm not supposed to be, doing anything my mom, dad, or brother disapprove of.  For example, I like climbing the stairs (not allowed), opening the glass doors and getting into Dad's TV cabinet (not allowed).  Then I go back to the stairs, then pull up on a table/end table/coach/coloring table and throw everything I can reach crashing onto the floor.  Then I try stairs again, then stairs, then over to the dog bowl and try to eat his food (not allowed).  Then stairs, then I crash over my brother's block tower, then stairs.  Then I find a paper he left on the floor, shred it, and eat it (not allowed).  Then, usually, stairs again.

Things I like:  Waving, pulling up, looking at myself in the mirror, smearing food all over myself, crawling everywhere, pointing stuff out to my parents or brother.  I also like lunging for things.  And the aforementioned getting into stuff.

Things I don't like:  Getting dressed (it takes two people to hold me down) or putting on my coat.  Getting strapped into the car.  Getting put into my playpen.  Really, I don't like to be contained in any way, and I don't like people getting in the way of my exploring.  If they try to take me off the stairs, or do "the sweep" to get shreds of paper/carpet/dust bunny out of my mouth, or pull me out of the TV cabinet or take my hands off the food dish, I flop myself in half on the floor with my head between my feet and wail as hard as I can.  For a whole like 4 seconds.  Then I realize there are more things to get into and just start crawling again.

Major accomplishments:  I've learned to laught whenever anyone else laughs or when you say the word "laugh."  It's hilarious.  I have also helped my parents build amazing arm muscles.  I have tried (and liked!) more foods than my brother.  After a mere 10 months of being a Baby Ninja, I have forced my parents to buy a bigger house.  (They forsee lots of gates.)

No comments: