Monday, June 2, 2014

Quotation Mark Mondays: Punishments


Anne has been hitting her brother--and her parents, the walls, doors, etc.--a lot lately.  As we explain to Mark, it's mostly because she's frustrated about something and can't talk yet.  When this happens, Mark wants to see her appropriately punished, since we are always telling him that "No Hitting" is the #1 rule in our house.

A conversation between Lynne and Mark after he got whacked by his sister and he tried to punish her:

Lynne:  Mark, we decide the punishments in this house.  Not you.  You may never, ever punish your sister.
Mark:  What about when I'm a grown up?
Lynne:  When you're a grown up, you can punish your own kids.  But by then, Anne will be a grown up, too, so you won't be punishing her.
Mark:  Well, what if I'm a police officer?  Then I could arrest her and punish her!
Lynne:  You could arrest her, but a judge would decide her punishment, not you.
Mark:  What is she was only speeding?  Then I could give her a ticket, right??

No comments: