Saturday, February 20, 2010

The five-month Mark

Mark Hanley, at five months

The measurements: I weigh about 17 pounds, but I carry it well. I'm short.
Best friends: Everyone is my best friend! What's not to like? I'm cute. I smile. I wave my arms. I even fart! I like everyone! (Incidentally, it was fun to have my cousin, Kalli, hang out with me. I hope she visits again!)
Enemies: I wouldn't go so far as enemies, but I am a little tired of this winter business. Snow, cold, ice, blah, blah, blah. I'm always bundled up and they won't let me play in the backyard. What day does winter end?
Just found out about: Rolling from my back to my front. Secretly, I'm pretty sure I've been able to do it for a while, but I didn't want to show off. I mean, what's the big deal? There's no gold medals for rolling over.
I'm not so sure about: Crawling. I think I'll go straight to standing up. I'm already better at holding myself up on my legs than I am at scooting. Crawling is sooo 2009.
Favorite activities: I'm starting to like laughing, but it is tricky. Sometimes Mommy (did I mention she's great, by the way?) will tickle my sides and I'll try to laugh, but it comes out as a cough. Then, she'll tickle my armpits and I'll smile, but instead of laughing I'll say "hep hep." There's just too much to coordinate.
I have a crush on: My feet. Everything about them is fantastic. They smell funny. Great. They taste funny. Great. Sometimes they're wearing costumes that I can pull off and put in my mouth. Great. If you haven't already, you should go get some feet. Mine came with my legs.
Major accomplishments: Ate banana baby food! Rolled and rolled. Experimented with laughter.

No comments: