Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day, Dad!

Mom says that Father's Day is about appreciating all of the great things Daddy does for me and showing him how much I love him. So, here goes.

My dad is great because he feeds me my bottles, changes my diapers (even the stinky ones!), and rocks me to sleep almost every night.

My dad reads me lots of stories, and sometime he makes up stories of his own. My favorite is the one about the piggies. Other kids say that the piggies are supposed to go to market, come home, and eat roast beef. Not my Daddy's piggies. They go to MIT, become the power forward at the University of Illinois, write their own novel, or join the circus (well, except that last one who goes wee-wee-wee...). I appreciate that kind of creativity.

My dad also plays lots of great games with me. Like the one where he blows on my tummy. Hilarious. Or the one where he runs far away, then gets closer and closer until we're touching. Or the one where we lay on our backs together, then he throws his socks in the air and they almost hit us. Classic!

Sometimes my dad even shows my his baseball cards, some of which he says he's collecting just for me. He tells me facts about the players, and he shows me their pictures. He tells me how much fun we're going to have when I get bigger and he can take me to my first baseball game, when he can show me how to throw and catch a baseball.

My daddy already does so much for me, and I know he's going to keep loving me, teaching me things, and having fun with me as I get older. And Mommy says that with any luck, he will help me grow up to be a good man--just like my Daddy.




No comments: