Friday, June 28, 2013
Five-month Anne-iversary
The stats: At my four month check, I weighed 16 lbs. That puts me in the 90th percentile, baby! Basically, I could roll over on other kids my age and squash them. It also means that I already get to wear all my super cute 9-month outfits!
Best friends: My own hands and feet. I'm learning how to control my hands, which means I can grab stuff at will and shove it into my mouth. This includes but is not limited to: mom's hair, dad's nose, the dog's fur, my own bib (still needed as an excessive drool-catcher), toys, the hem of my dress, my hat, the remote control. I also like to munch on my feet. Mom once saw me shove my whole foot in my mouth up to the heel (for comic relief, really, at a time when dad was holding me and using his Super Serious Voice to discipline my brother). Sadly, dad is not a huge fan of Foot Eating. I mean, really, they're my feet. Why can't I eat them if I want to? I'm not walking, so it really shouldn't be a big deal. Besides, they're delicious.
Enemies: None. Seriously. I don't even mind when the dog licks me in the mouth. I just try to eat him.
Favorite place: Anywhere I can see my brother.
Things I like: Drooling. Screeching really loud. My thumb. Putting myself to sleep (no rocking or lullabies please--I can handle it by myself, thankyouverymuch). I also really, really like being tickled. Tickling makes me bust out my big, husky chuckle of a laugh. It's most hilarious when you take off my shirt and nibble on my bare belly or armpits. (A word of caution, though: you might want to avoid inhaling near the armpits. I'm told they're smelly.)
Things I don't like: Baby equipment made for "standard" sized babies. Last weekend, mom and dad had to put away my bouncy seat because I sank all the way to the floor in it, which rendered it sort-of useless. They say my Baby Bjorn's days are numbered, too. Backaches. Even my car seat is getting awfully difficult for them to lift. Didn't someone in the Baby Stuff Industry anticipate this problem??
Major accomplishments: I can barrel roll (front to back to front again), and I can eat off a spoon (although admittedly most of the food dribbles back out again). During an 8 hour road trip to Pittsburgh, I won the hands-down prize for Quietest Kid in the Car.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment