10 p.m. Thursday and all is ... still carrying the bass drum.
Lynne has been exhausted lately.
"You know what?" she said the other day.
"What?"
"I don't want to be swollen anymore."
Fair enough. Her feet are swelled up and standing all day at school does absolutely nothing to help that. Lynne thought about leaving work early - except you don't get paid for any maternity days before the baby is born. What if the baby isn't born for three weeks?
Even though Matt assured her it was fine to stay home if she wasn't feeling well, Lynne was hesitant. She convinced herself it wasn't fair to the other teachers, or that she was being a wimp leaving early.
Then, today, an email went out at school: A student had Fifth's Disease. Pregnant ladies should go home. Score!
When Lynne called Matt she was almost giddy. She gets to rest and she's not even allowed into school. No guilt and no worries.
There's very little risk for Lynne or Baby, even if she did catch Fifth's. It's much more dangerous for people early in their pregnancy since Fifth's can induce labor.
Of course, when Lynne heard that she decided to find this kid and have him to breathe in her general direction.
It seems like everybody else is having those babies. Congrats, Shaft, Mike and Heather!
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hang in there, Lynne - so glad to hear you got out of work early, and hopefully today off, too? We were wondering if you were still working or not... It is so much better with baby out than in, at this point. I guess you've just done a very good job and made baby very comfortable -take baby's encampment as a compliment. I don't know about you but I was so HOT I couldn't take it anymore, especially in July in LA, and I'm guessing it's not very cool in IL right now, either. Best of luck, take care and we're rooting for you guys! Love, Angie, Kevin & Maggie
Post a Comment