The measurements: 18 pounds, 12 ounces (that's more than double my birth weight!); 29 inches. For those of you keeping score at home, I'm in the 75th percentile for height and weight. And, um, ahem, the 91st percentile for head size. Thanks a lot, Dad.
Best friends: I have so many new friends! For a while it seemed like there were only Giants around here. But then a lot of Mommy and Daddy's friends suddenly found Little People, like me. Finally, someone cool to hang out with. (And I hear there might be more on the way...)
Enemies: Whoever put my soothing teething ring in the fridge next to an onion. That thing does not smell right anymore.
Just found out about: Sitting. OK, I am going to tell you this, but you have to keep it in strictest confidence because Mom and Dad are so excited. They're going on and on about how I can pretty much sit up now by myself. Here's what they don't know: I was able to sit before! I just didn't want to. Because every time I sit up, guess what I see? My feet. And when I see my feet, I can't wait to grab them! So I just fold myself in half - face to the floor - and stick those piggies in my mouth. What? That's weird? You're weird if you don't stick toes in your mouth.
I'm not so sure about: These doctors. I went for my regular check up the other day and they listed off all the things a 9-month-old baby should be able to do. Move objects from hand to hand? Check. Recognize people from across the room? Done. Eat baby food? C'mon challenge me. Roll over? Are you serious? Rolling over? Lady, I'm almost standing on my own. I have a dog. I can take off my own socks and throw them on the ground. Bring on walking!
Favorite activities: I've got this new one - babbling. Sometimes I babble such funny things I make myself laugh. Then Mom and Dad laugh. Then I laugh again. Just the other day I was telling them about the time when geegge blammulah bleebla bin! bin! nuuuuuuuu. Good times.
I have a crush on: Life! Every single day I learn so much more about what is out there, what I can do and what will make Big People smile. In just half a year, I've gone from a squishy, scarred baby who only had eyes for my bottle to a little boy who can hold things and smiles every time those babysitters come over. Mom and Dad say that if they love me this much after six months, a year is inconceivable.
Major accomplishments: The aforementioned sitting. Helped draft a significant amendment to the health care legislation. Petted the dog once.
No comments:
Post a Comment